I love a good fancy dress party! My good friend D is having a birthday party on Saturday. It’s an Alice in Wonderland themed day, with Croquet games etc. I am in the middle of designing some new dresses, my son is home, sick from school and I still need to work out an outfit (poor time-poor me!!). My friend M suggested a female Mad Hatter, as it is not typical. So, as I am always up for a challenge, I will see if I can make this work..
- Quirky trademark MadHatter top hat (make it)
- Waist coat (already have it)
- Bow tie (make it)
- Tailored pants or Shorts (already have a pair)
- Fishnets or coloured tights
- Ankle boots
- Shirt or top to go under waist coat (IDEA: basic boobtube top under waistcoat paired with a detachable ‘upstanding’ or frilled collar)
Ok….so what I am thinking is to use a few things I already have and combine with a few newly made items.. I will definitely have to make the hat. And in my mind it needs to be a miniature top hat.
I want basic…definitely no lace and frou frou…YUK!! I have studied Millinery a few years ago…so should be relatively easy for me. Better get started…or else I’ll be late for a very important date!! See already Mad…just need the hat 🙂